5 Unique Holiday Activities for a Memorable Season
The holiday season is a magical time for families, full of presents, crafts, laughter and cheer- and maybe a tad bit of stress. So, what better way to make it a memorable one, than to provide some unique spins on classic activities. Move over presents! These creative ideas are sure to bring out the joyous, fun side that everyone is searching for.
- Gingerbread House Competition: Building a gingerbread house has become a classic holiday tradition, but why not elevate it to a full-fledged gingerbread house competition? Instead of using pre-made kits, gather an assortment of candies, cookies, and colorful icing. Set up a gingerbread house decorating station with various toppings, from mini marshmallows to chocolate chips. Your imagination will run wild as you begin to design and decorate your very own masterpiece. Thanks to AI, you can also seek out inspirational designs before heading into your design, giving yourself a creative edge. Whether you want to craft a gingerbread house by state you reside or design something no one has ever seen, turning this festive tradition into a competition will have everyone screaming to do this every year, especially if winners take home a prize.
- Outdoor Candy Cane Hunt: This classic is usually done during another sweet holiday, but why not incorporate it year-round and in a different way? Please enter, the outdoor candy cane hunt, inspired by the traditional Easter egg hunt kids go crazy for year after year. Hide candy canes throughout the yard and provide the kids with Santa tins, holiday bags, or festive baskets to collect their findings. To add an extra layer of excitement, consider wrapping some candy canes, hiding money or notes within. It’s a fun way to get outside, enjoy the winter air, and maybe see some festive lights along the way.
- Holiday Movie Bingo Night: Transform a cozy movie night into an interactive experience with Holiday Movie Bingo. Create custom bingo cards featuring holiday movie phrases or classic scenes, mark off the corresponding squares as you go through your show. Make it more competitive by offering small prizes for the first to get a bingo or for the person who fills their entire card. This activity adds an element of excitement and encourages everyone to pay closer attention to the on-screen magic.
- Santa’s Workshop Craft Day: Santa’s Workshop has relocated from the North Pole to your home! Well, at least for the day. Set up various crafting stations with supplies to make ornaments, holiday cards, or even custom gifts for family and friends. Play some festive music in the background and encourage the kids to unleash their creativity. Turning a simple craft day into something more magical is sure to generate quality family time while creating priceless treasures.
- Holiday Scavenger Hunt: Take the classic scavenger hunt to the next level by creating a list of festive items or clues that lead from one spot to another, eventually leading to a hidden treasure or treat. Incorporate holiday-themed riddles and challenges to make it even more engaging. This activity not only keeps the kids entertained but also encourages teamwork and problem-solving skills as they work together to unravel the holiday mystery.
In conclusion, the holiday season is a time to create lasting memories with your family. By turning these classic traditions into something unique, you’ll not only make the holidays more memorable but also foster creativity, teamwork, and a sense of wonder in both the young and the young at heart.