Sr. Game Designer (Full-time)
Redwood City, Ca.
Lyndsay Skeegan Designs is looking for a talented individual who is eager to gain experience and learn more about running a jewelry design business. This is a great opportunity to get hands on experience. This intern will work directly with the President/lead designer to gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a small business. Candidates should have a passion for jewelry design, be well organized, dedicated, and enthusiastic. Prior experience in or knowledge of the New York City fashion industry and social media is a plus.
• Assist in the design and creation of company marketing material including but not limited to company e-newsletters, web mailings, e-postcards, and signage.
• Manage the company electronic mailing list.
• Utilize social media experience to update the company social media platforms including but not limited to company facebook page, company twitter handle, and official website.
• Act as liaison between the President and retail store accounts.
• Update line lists, press packs and other official company paperwork as needed.
• Optional for internship but for payment and commensurate with experience: hand make jewelry.
• Must be available between 2-5 hours per week and commit to a minimum of 3 months.
• Must be well versed in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Photoshop.
• Can demonstrate attention to detail and commitment to follow through on tasks.
• Familiarity with jewelry design a plus.
This is a part time unpaid internship. We are also looking for a jewelry designer so those with jewelry design skills will be paid for pieces completed (commensurate with experience). Immediate start date.
ABOUT LYNDSAY SKEEGAN DESIGNS:
Lyndsay Skeegan Designs combines traditional elegant style with a contemporary edge. The line is composed mostly of glass and freshwater pearl necklaces and bracelets, along with statement cocktail rings and earrings. The line is inspired both by the refined, sophisticated elegance of Irving Penn’s black and white photographs from the 1940s and 1950s as well as by pieces Lyndsay found in her grandmother’s jewelry box. Each luxurious piece is individually handmade in New York City. The line is carried at the Museum of Modern Art stores in New York City as well as the Harn Museum of Art in Florida. It has been featured in many boutiques and many times on Fab.com.