Senior Motion Graphics/User Interface Artist
Vicarious Visions, developer of numerous award winning games, including Guitar Hero: On Tour, Band Hero, and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, is seeking a passionate, motivated, and experienced Senior Motion Graphics/UI Artist.
• The Artist will work with Art Director, designers and programmers to deliver the highest quality art assets possible for the assigned game platform within the technical constraints of the platform.
• Develop 2D or 3D art and/or animation in 3DSMAX/Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator and proprietary software, convert to game format, and make refinements as directed.
• Assist as needed in the generation of additional art assets for the project.
• Possess a strong graphics design background.
• Excellent with composition
• Strong understanding of typography
• Must display a core understanding of color
• Iconography skills a must
• The artist should have a good understanding of game navigation.
• Be able to conceptualize, present and execute ideas within a tight schedule.
• Ability to layout overall UI display (HUD)
• Experience creating all UI elements (icons, buttons, toggles, sliders, etc.)
• Provide 2D or 3D art assets in the form of 2D sprites, textures or models
• Have hands on experience developing for multi-platform user interfaces.
• Experience with Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator or 3DSMAX (or related 3D art software package).
• Must be able to create mock ups (both stills and animated).
• Understanding of 3D Art production.
• Must be able to work within style established by Art Director
• Must be willing to work within team environment and accept direction from art lead, producer and product development.
• Must be willing to document art process and track tasks throughout game development cycle.
• Demonstrated ability to work within provided structure and with attention to production schedules.
• Preference given to candidates with game industry experience, but a strong portfolio and advanced art degree (Bachelor’s degree) may be sufficient.
• Excellent communication and team skills
• Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
Come work with us on our exciting new titles! We offer a modern work environment, an outstanding compensation and benefits package, a fun, team environment, impressively affordable living, and an exceptional quality of life! Please apply at www.vvisions.com